Frequently Asked Questions:
- What exactly is an Arizona Benefit Corporation?
An Arizona Benefit Corporation is a for-profit company with a social conscience! B-Corps are purpose-driven and create benefit for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
- What is Starshine Communities purpose?
Our purpose is to create collaborative communities of small business owners resulting in positive personal, social and economic impact.
- Are all Starshine Communities for women only?
No. Our flagship location at the Glendale Airport (near Westgate) is for female entrepreneurs. Other locations are open to both women and men.
- What do I receive with my membership fee?
Peer-to-Peer Mentoring, Business Education Seminars, Wellness Workshops and Accountability Partnerships all in a non-judgmental, safe, empowering and inclusive environment.
- With my one community membership, can I attend events at any community location?
YES! You can attend any Learn & Launch (Business Education Seminar), Take Care (Wellness Workshop) or Power Circle (Peer-to-Peer Mentoring) held during the month at any of our current locations.
- Are all of the Starshine events “For Members Only”?
No. The Learn & Launch and Take Care events are open to the public. While FREE for members, there is a fee for the general public to attend. The Power Circles are exclusive to members only.
- Do you offer a trial membership?
Although we do not offer a trail membership, you can attend your 1st event for FREE to determine if a Starshine Community membership is right for YOU.
- Do you offer a student membership?
Newer entrepreneurs that could use a “hand up” can apply for our Reach for the STARs* scholarship program. Eligibility requirements and application packet are on our website under the Scholarships tab.
*Reach for the STARs is a fiscally sponsored project of Silver Lining Riding 501c3.
- Is my membership fee tax deductible?
YES! However, you do need to itemize your expenses. So, if you don’t itemize you will not be able to take the deduction.
- I love your purpose! How can I help?
Thank you for your support! You can help by becoming a member, sponsoring a member or contributing to our scholarship fund. Have another idea in mind? Then by all means, contact us and let’s explore the opportunities!