Creating a 2020 Vision for Your Family
When we think of creating a vision and a mission statement, we frequently equate that with our business. But just think how powerful it could be, if we also created a family vision or motto to be our guidepost in life. This week on The Successful #Soulopreneur Radio Show sponsored by Starshine Communities, ShaRon Rea, of The Whole Family Coaching shared her process for making this a fun and collectively effective event for the whole family.
The 4 Steps to Creating a Family Vision Statement
- Discuss Questions such as:
- What does our family love doing together?
- What is our family really good at?
- How are we unique as a family?
- What word best describes our family?
- How does our family look in 10 years?
- Pick Core Values for example:
- Brainstorm a Slogan like these advertising slogans:
- Just Do It!
- Live, Laugh, Love
- Because You’re Worth It
- Never Leave Home Without It
- I’m Loving It!
- Write Your Mission Statement
- Sum up what your family is about in 7-10 short phrases.
- Create your statement as a design using Canva, poster board, be creative!
- There is no right or wrong here. Come up with something that expresses your
- Hang your Family Mission where it can be seen and appreciated on a daily basis!
A family mission statement is what your family is all about. So, it is important that everyone participates and helps create the mission. Moving forward, it will guide all of you on how you want to live everyday as a family. If you would like help in creating a family motto or mission statement, connect with ShaRon today! Let’s help your family see clearly in 2020! To listen to the complete show, click here to listen in to this week’s podcast.